Sunday, March 18, 2012

Juice Reboot- Day 6

It's the end of day 6 and I've made a decision to break my fast a day early...
First of all, it's amazing that I made it through the day. The family ate burgers at The Habit while I drank my juice. I smelled hot buttered toast at dinner time while I again drank green juice... but I held strong!
Honest Results: down 9 lbs and I'm a little disappointed. Not about the weight but I never felt as though I detoxed and didn't experience increased energy. Some people spoke of a great "high" from the juice. I just felt like myself, only slightly hungry between meals and slightly irritable (maybe more than "slightly" if you ask Matt or Maddie).
 I did learn a lot about my eating habits and plan to eat more veggies and buy organic. I'm very conscious of food prices so will do my best to look for good organic deals and visit our awesome local farmer's market that we're so lucky to have on Saturday mornings.

Overall a good learning experience about the foods I've been eating and I'm hoping some of the silly cravings go away. My body really doesn't need eight beers on a Friday night. I'm now really aware of the mindless nibbling... I think that comes with the mommy territory but I'm vowing to not eat that extra chicken nugget that Maddie didn't want or to finish off her meals after I've had my own.
So I'm down a few lbs  but more importantly have had a mental shift (or as Oprah would say, "my a-ha moment").
I do plan on juicing my lunches throughout the week. Partially because I have the produce and partially because I know it's sooo good for me!
Thanks to everyone for your support!

No comments: