Saturday, March 17, 2012

Juice Reboot- Day 5

Things are going ok.. I had thoughts of quitting today. Not because I'm sick or feeling week but because I'm not really feeling any different than before. Although, I will say I'm a lot more conscious of my eating (or lack there of) these days. I bought enough fruits and veggies for my meals though Monday so I'm going to stick through with it. I have to say, this endeavor has been VERY expensive. To buy organic fruits and veggies for 21 meals has added up to $100+. That's way more than my entire family's budget. I tried to not sweat that part of it and focus on the benefits.

I stepped on our home scale this morning and I was down 12 lbs... yep, 12 lbs in 5 days. I'm consuming way less calories than normal and my body is using its reserves, aka my big belly for fuel. I expect that number to go back up when I stop the reboot BUT it's nice to see that scale move and know that I don't have to starve myself for that to happen. Not that I could do that, I'm not big on being hungry.. which is probably why I'm the weight I am in the first place.

I "cheated" a bit today by trying Kale Chips.. really easy to make 350 degrees, cut the stem off of curly Kale leaves and rinse/dry well. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and  drizzle in olive oil (or use olive oil spray) and seasoning salt (I used garlic salt). 10-15 minutes later (mine took 11), kale should be browned on edges and the entire piece will be crispy and very light. Be careful so they don't burn...
It was my first time making and I loved them (although I haven't eaten in 5 days) lol.. Matt didn't really care for them and Maddie wouldn't even go near them. I'd make them again, they were yummy.

Back to Mean Green juice for dinner and feeling full. I'll probably have a mug of herbal tea this evening.
I haven't been getting more sleep. I can't seem to fall asleep before 11:00 (like usual) and still tired for most of the day.

When do I start to feel energized? I'm waiting!
Stop reading if you don't want to be grossed out. ... I thought for sure my "insides" would have been cleaned out throughout this process.. I'm still having pretty normal bowl movements. Um, is that food from LAST MONDAY!!?? That's gross!!

Ok to continue reading again....

I do notice the mental shift. I always request Bagels/cream cheese/lox for my birthday breakfast... no bagels for me this year. Excited to find vegetarian dishes (especially with all the talk of pink slime lately), YUCK!

Only two more days to go!

No comments: