Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wisconsin Trip - Sept 19-24- Part 1

Early on Sept 19th we were off to the airport for our trip to Wisconsin. We went in 2009 just before Maddie's 1st birthday so this trip was important for her to "meet" everyone all over again. We talked a lot about her cousins Kyleigh and Cheylyn and Grandma Doris, Grandpa Frank and Great-Grandma Marie before our trip so she was familiar with names and would feel comfortable around them.

Overall we had a GREAT trip. It only rained on our last day. It was long sleeve t-shirt/sweatshirt weather. To save money and get more visiting in, we stayed at my grandma's house. Maddie actually slept very well on this trip, enjoying my niece's bed that my mom lent to us. I think the Tinkerbell sheets helped!

We had a few issues with our portable DVD player (ended up buying a new one at Walmart while on vacation) but Mommy had a few tricks up her sleeve. We gave her a new "Jessie" doll from Toy Story 2. She was VERY excited to have a new friend.
















Before meeting up with my parents the day after we arrived, we made a stop at Culver's for lunch and frozen custard. If you've never had custard, you're missing out. It's SUPER rich and creamy, oh boy!! Definitely not a diet food. Then again, who goes to WI to go on a diet? While I'm at it, who goes on VACATION and expects to diet?!


















At my parent's house, we checked out their garden.














They found a caterpillar














And a carrot, AND a potato!



















Here's my Grandma Marie (my dad's mom), me, my mom Doris, and Maddie














My dad, Frank and Maddie














Once Maddie found my niece's dress up clothes.. it was all over! She wore the Snow White top back to my grandma's and insisted on wearing it the entire next day. No problem! We were on vacation!



















Princess Maddie



















The Princess Cousins- no wicked stepsisters here!














Princess Maddie and her Prince Charming (this one might make her wedding slideshow) :)


















Me and my oldest niece Cheylyn














Maddie and her cousin Kyleigh

Gosh I miss these girls and seeing them grow up!! That's the hardest part about living so far away.. That and not seeing my grandma. At least I can Skype with my parents. Chey and I keep in touch via Facebook every once in awhile but it's just not the same as a hug in person!









My Dad and brother, Tim















Stay tuned for our trip to the Milwaukee Zoo!

No comments: