Saturday, October 8, 2011

Homemade Pizza, Yum!

Back on September 16th (It must have been a Friday because we almost always have pizza on a Friday night), I decided it might be fun to make our own pizza. I did purchase the whole wheat dough from Trader Joes as a time cheat and I'm glad I did... Am I the only person in the world that can't make a circular pizza. I've tried a few times over the years and they always turn into a shrinking mess that I usually manage to get into a rectangle or something that would pass as such.

This time was no different. I'm not a big fan of cornmeal on the bottom of my crust so I just sprayed a little pam on some aluminum foil and placed on a cookie sheet. This was really about Maddie adding her own toppings so I guess that didn't really matter.

If you were to ask Maddie what kind of pizza she likes best, she'll tell you "pepperoni pizza without the pepperoni". "Pepperoni is too spicy for me". If you ask if she'd like a cheese pizza, she'll just repeat the same. :)

Here we are with all the topping choices















She spread the sauce















And found the black olives.. one for the pizza, two for her fingers!
















Here's mommy and daddy's... looks semi healthy before I dumped on the mozzarella!














Give Maddie a little shake














And voila, dinner is served!
















The experience of making it together was better than any frozen pizza or delivery any day!

No comments: