Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week 32 Baby Bump

Here's the baby bump photo from my 32nd week.. she's been very active this week. We had a childbirth class last night (1st of a 3 part series) and she made me giggle throughout because she was so active. My belly looked like it had something in it that wanted out... even Matt looked over and his eyes got wide because it kept moving. So funny and what a strange feeling.



We bought a camcorder recently so I'll try to video it next time and post for everyone to see. That is if I can figure out how the camera works! :)

Happy belated Labor Day! Matt and I had a great weekend. We took delivery (do people really say that?) of our long awaited nursery furniture on Saturday. It looks sooooo good! Of course everything in a large furniture store looks smaller than when we put it in our tiny baby's room. Good thing we measured because we barely have enough room for the actual baby! I'm very thankful that delivery also included setup because it made the entire process stress free. I highly recommend BabyTown (http://www.babytownllc.com/) in Reseda. They delivered as promised and their delivery guys were great.

We spent most of Saturday night taking turns in our new glider and looking around the room wondering what it's going to be like to bring our baby bean home.

I also started and finished my wall letters that spell out the baby's name. I bought them from an e-bay vendor and they arrived painted fushia with a dark brown ribbon attached. I had paper that matches the baby's bedding, cut out each letter (guess how many letters!) and used the modge podge to glue to the letters. I chickened out and didn't modge podge on the top of the letters. After practicing on a picture frame, I thought the brush strokes and general mess might ruin them and I waited 5 weeks for them to come in the first place. If I feel like I should seal them later on, I can always do that. You know, in my spare time between the 2am and 4am feedings. :)

Hey! She has an "a" in her name.. any guesses?




Our crib bedding is here too! I searched high and low online and at local stores to find baby bedding that was cute, girly, but not too "babyish". I wanted something that complimented our "birdy" theme but wasn't too matchy-matchy. I finally decided to have a women from Texas that I found on etsy.com make bedding with fabric that I also tracked down. The fabric is by Amy Butler and I absolutely adore it. It's something that our baby girl will be able to use as a toddler and in the beginning of her "I'm a big girl" stage. (Did I mention her crib turns into a toddler bed, a day bed, and then a full size bed?) We're thinking ahead here! Now if I was paid for the number of hours/days I spent looking for fabric it would have cost us allot more, but in actuality it was very comparable to stores like Baby Gap and other stores that sold separate pieces. 

The bedding turned out just as I imagined and even a little bit better. My new found friend Maggie (store name: marmalade skies by maggie lou) created the skirt, bumpers, and the cutest baby blanket. For those of you not familiar with etsy.com, you should check it out. There are wonderful vendors on there that that make anything imaginable and many, like Maggie will work with you to create anything you can think up. I would love to have a diaper bag (later to be used as a purse) made with the same Amy Butler Gothic Burgundy material (outside of bumpers). I'll have to put that on my Christmas wish list this year. I used Etsy.com to have my bridesmaid earrings made and have had great luck so far with different vendors. It's a bit like e-bay where you pay using paypal and can check out feedback that others have left.

(Click photos to see patterns up close) No sheets on the bed yet. :)


It was an exciting weekend with packages arriving and nursery projects being finished. Our co-ed baby shower is this Saturday. I'm really excited to see all our friends/family and chit chat with the ladies about babies and such. We've gotten great advice and have heard some not so great horror labor stories. Thanks ladies!

The best part about this entire process is knowing with confidence that Matt and I will figure this whole "baby thing" out. I guess that's why they give your baby 10 months to cook before making his/her appearance. Our parents did it, our friends did it, and now it's our turn. As long as we trust our instincts and follow our own rules, we'll be just fine! (now can someone remind me of this post when I call you up crying hysterically, all freaked out that I'm being a bad mom?!)

No comments: