Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Daughter is a Genius!

Ok, maybe not a genius, but certainly pretty smart... I'm sure this a complete fluke BUT she was playing with a drawing toy, (one that is magnetic with a pen and you erase it by pulling over a lever) I looked down......and ran to get my camera!

Can you believe it? This is the only thing on the page and I promise you, there is no computer "trickery" involved. It isn't spelled correctly and when we asked her to write her letters she couldn't but how funny.. that CLEARLY says "MADY"- gotta love small miracles. We've been talking about drawing letters and this time I guess her hand ruled her brain

A few early Christmas gifts from Papa and Grandma Lena... how fun! If you weren't sure if Maddie was a spoiled girl, you can now know for sure she is... we're working on making sure she stays a girl and doesn't turn into a BRAT!
She came prepared to the opening of the box with a crayon.. which she promptly used on the coloring books she received

Tinkerbell stocking!

The most special gift was the hallmark book that both Grandma and Papa recorded the "Night Before Christmas"... what a special gift that she'll cherish always... or until the batteries run out, what happens then? She loved it and we've listened to it every nap time and bedtime since.


My latest project.. cookie packages for my MOMS Club Cookie Exchange. Maddie helped me make sugar cookies and I packaged them with this cute bag topper... gosh I wish I could do this for money!

Here she is on Monday helping me by making beautifully, fully covered cookies (yes, those are penguin pajama pants and I love them very much!)



Everyone at the party thought they turned out super cute





We went to a friend's Holiday Open House tonight.. super fun time. Maddie came out of her shell about an hour into the night and started to have fun with all our friends and their kids. p.s. Maddie HEARTS Dane!




Apologies in advance for the red eyes but the red eye reduction on iPhoto made us look like Children of the Corn. :)

It was her idea to go cheek-to-cheek for this shot!

Happy Holiday and for those of you who pray, say a prayer for my Seester. She's having an elective surgery in the morning and I would appreciate the thoughts.. we love you Auntie!

No comments: