Thursday, April 1, 2010

My New BFF

I feel like I've been hanging out with the cool kid in school lately.

EVERYONE loves this girl! I hear how beautiful her eyes are, how cute she is, how SMART she is, and how well behaved she is. I'd like to think that I had everything and anything to do with it, but it's all Maddie and I'm so proud to be her mama!

She's Miss chit-chat and while she still takes some time to warm up to new places and people, once she's comfortable, she's the life of the party (minus the lampshade and headache the next morning). :)

We've been up to the same old stuff.. going the park 1 or 2 times a day but now we ride in style. Miss Hot Stuff is driving her big pink car these days. We take it to the grocery store and fill up the trunk or to the park. No more walking here.. straight from the car to the swings with maybe a jog to the slide before gassing up for the ride back home. (aka snacky-time!)

Here's her old ride... P-U!


New ride with horn


We also got a sand/water table for the backyard. She loves playing in the water and we got her some new cars for Easter, I mean the Easter Bunny may be bringing her two wooden cars to add to her sand collection. ;)



We held a "dry run" Easter Egg hunt in the backyard. I was hoping to get a special photo of her and used the opportunity to teach her what the holiday was all about... the chocolate bunnies of course! It was a pretty warm day and she pretty much wanted nothing more than to play by her beloved garbage cans. She loves jumping out from behind them and yelling "There she is!" Out of the 40 or so photos, we did get some cute ones.









Smelling the lavender


Farmer Matt planted The Garden of 2010 last weekend. It looks really nice. We have peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, anaheim peppers, broccoli (first time), and squash? I'm forgetting something and I really shouldn't forget or Matt might decide to chop me down.. you see, you have two years to produce (thank goodness I had Maddie so quickly) or you get taken out... at least that's what happened to Billy.. the Holiday Avocado tree. Poor Billy.. you gave us fruit that was no good so you had to go!




I'll update with photos of the stuff growing soon... it looks good and I LOVE eating from the backyard.

Here are a few more photos from my birthday.
My store-bought angel food cake that I decorated with cool-whip and fresh strawberries.


Showing Maddie Mommy's teeth..


Maddie taking a peak at last month's lunch. Where did it go!?


This what happens when you tell Maddie to "smile".


Today we went to a Noah's Ark exhibit at the Skirball Center in LA. It's a hands on area for kids with animals made out of recycled goods. It was fun and best of all, it was FREE!



Look Maddie.. the animals left you a little surprise!



Ok, maybe she DOES have my cheeks!


Here's some new video. I had another long one but the upload kept failing. I'll have to work on that as soon as Maddie starts taking a little bit longer of a nap.. I've only been getting 1 hour or so and mommy does need to shower!
I don't know why they're so jagged.. the quality is higher than normal and thought it would look better. I'll need to research on how to get some good looking video for you. (at least the audio is clear)

BEER!


MADDIE!

No comments: