Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Meltdowns and Tumbling




Today was our first major meltdown/tantrum and I wasn't sure if I handled it correctly until talking to our instructor at the Horizon Hills program. Yes, I did take a photo because I wanted Daddy to see the mess she was in.

I'm sure it's the first of many but it really took me by surprise. Maddie has been such a pleasure to be around lately, so talkative and fun, but today was a REAL challenge. Two glasses of wine in the evening worth! It may have to do with the fact that we've just weaned from the breast feeding (yay) or just developmentally the time that it starts (she's 16 months) but it wasn't pretty. She was covered in mud and grass on both sides, lots of boogies and lots of tears. I'm happy to report we got through it and I still got a hug and kiss at the end of the night. :)

In the afternoon our Horizon Hills class met up at The Little Gym for our first field trip. Maddie was pretty freaked out by the bouncing (think bouncy house) in the beginning and was pretty clingy for the rest of the class but she did finally relax and climb on a few things. What a neat experience for the two of us.




Does this hair make my head look big? :) This is Maddie after the rubber bands come out of the ponies. We enjoyed brunch at Alyx and Pam's on Sunday and got to visit with Pam's parents.. So glad and grateful to see Edy back to her healthy self!


We're looking forward to a visit from Papa and Grandma Dimino! They just love Miss Maddie so much and we're so glad to see them as often as we're able to! Too bad the weather looks like rain for the weekend but I'll be sure to post what we do while they were here!

By the way, Maddie and I are training for our first 5K coming up on March 13th! We've been running a bit each morning and hopefully we'll have good weather on race day. You should come out and cheer us on as we reach the finish line! The race is on a Saturday morning and we would certainly love the support! The race is to benefit SIDS research and support families dealing with a loss in their family. I was so grateful when we reached the year mark and seemed to be in the clear... I can't imagine life without Miss Maddie, tantrums and all.

No comments: