Friday, February 19, 2010

Hot Means Hot!

Can you win the "Bad Mommy Of the Year" award in February? We're a family of routine and tonight was no exception with Friday Night - Pizza Night.. yummy.. Maddie has her usual vegetables and whatever else, then Matt or I give her a crust with a bit of cheese and sauce on it to eat.


She ate some lunchmeat and all her peas and wanted some of the pizza she saw us eating. After checking the temperature, I gave her my crust... A minute or so later she was screaming "HOT" and pushing it away and holding her mouth.. Oh gosh, I thought it was cool enough.. I swore to Matt that I checked and even gave it to him to check it himself in hopes that he would agree that Maddie was being dramatic.. sometimes she hears us say "hot" and copies.. He said it was indeed a bit warm inside and so after waiting a bit, I gave it back to her... again the same thing.. screaming and some tears "HOT!"... then it hit me... I used hot sauce on two of my pieces of pizza.. OOPS!

Sorry my darling Maddie.. so glad we had milk and a few crackers on hand to get rid of that hot. Ouch!

No comments: