Tuesday, December 15, 2009

No Christmas Cards This Year

I was hoping people wouldn't notice I didn't get cards out this year.. not for lack of thought or trying. The thought came to mind the day before Thanksgiving.. must get photo of Maddie for our holiday card this year. Yes, that WAS the plan and I seriously have been trying since then. Ok, we have gotten some cute photos of her in the past month (of course!) but none seemed appropriate for our holiday card.

We tried getting family photos at JC Penneys (I'm about done with that place- they wanted like $37 for cards.. yah right!) and she had a major meltdown when I tried putting her into her pretty dress.. oh boy!

I thought in front of the tree would be nice. So I cleared a path through her toys to get to the tree (an exaggeration, but barely!).. here's how that went.





And it only got better when I tried again...





I thought maybe I could use some recent photos and add a holiday caption.


Fa-la-la-la-la La-la-la-la



Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!



Happy New Rear! (nobody tell her when she's older that I posted this one)


Does your tree need a tune-up?


I couldn't come up with a caption for this one other than "Whatch You Talkin' 'bout?" but that isn't very holiday-like.


I was going for an "artsy" look until I realized there was a dog's butt in the background.. good one!


I thought this was going to work, but Mrs. Claus looks a little nutty!


How about we just use last year's photo?.. AW! I was able to just prop her up then and not worry about her trying to get away!


Santa came early this year... only because the box was too big to put under the tree. We splurged and got Maddie her very own Pottery Barn Kids chair. She LOVES it! She often converses with her koala or teddy bear and enjoys snacks and a cocktail (water in her sippy) while lounging the day away... really it's only a few minutes but she does seem to have fun and it's pretty big so she'll have a it a few years. Hence the washable slipcover. Her name is embroidered on it so no Daddies allowed.





Dancing to the Wiggles


Maddie is now going to "school"! I'm taking a parenting class at Horizon Hills. It's set up like a mommy and me class where we sing, play games and make music. Apparently we'll be going on field trips too. We go Tuesdays from 12-3. That time works out good for now because she still takes a morning nap but by 2:00 she's pretty tired and falls asleep in the car on the way home. The teacher is absolutely wonderful with all the kids and even though we started at the almost end of the semester, the parents are all really friendly. (Mommy clicks can be rough!) Maddie grunts and flips out when she sees the place. She's so excited to see all the toys and kids. So far she's pretty popular. :)





Here's a few misc. funnies from the last couple of weeks.

Not Yet Ready for Mustard


Being Cheesy for the camera at Olive Garden. She's REALLY good at restaurants. She likes to look at everyone around her and try to get them to think she's cute. (not really hard to do)

1 comment:

Christine Hull said...

she looks so cute in her chair, she will continue to love it as she gets older and can get around a little better. Ainsleigh plays in hers, and sits like a big girl and drinks her milk.
Don't worry about the Christmas card, being a mommy of a one year old is tough and very busy! The photo montage was great!