Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

We'll be visiting some of our camping friends at Lake Casitas today. It's suppose to be in the high 80's! Good thing Maddie has a cute flag themed dress to wear. I'll be sure to post photos later in the week. I miss camping! (camping with a microwave shower and a bed that is!)
Tomorrow we're off to visit with some friends that we haven't seen in a really long time. It will be nice just to chit chat and catch up. They have three kids so hopefully they'll have fun with Maddie.

Why do babies have to grow up so fast? Just when I was getting use to taking care of a little one, she's getting so big! I barely remember what it was like to hold such a light little on in my arms. For the past two days she's been full on "baby-talking".. ga ga ga ga and da da da da (much to Matt's delight!). She's so stinking cute! Seriously Maddie, stop changing for one week. I'm not ready to chase you around and have you sass back just yet.





Changing diapers lately is like alligator wrestling. Sometimes she's totally fine and yes, I give her a toy every time to entertain herself.. other times she twists and turns like you wouldn't believe. All I can do it attach the fasteners and hope the darn diaper doesn't fall off! I feel like I work in the pit crew at the Indy 500... ready, set, go, and she's off!! whew Thankfully we haven't had any alligator rolls during a poop diaper...yet!

Can you believe it's been 8 months? Not only is she full on crawling, but she's starting to pull herself up. She is either on all fours with her legs straight and butt in the air, or leaning on a toy or in her crib and on her knees. Oh goodness!

No comments: