Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Fish Called Maddie




Ok, I can't believe I'm actually posting a photo of myself in a bathing suit but at least you aren't seeing much of me. Someone once pointed out that now that Maddie is here, nobody is looking at Mommy or Daddy so let's hope that's true!

On Friday we visited our friends, the Tennant's community pool. I was hoping her first experience was a positive one because we have a trip to Palm Springs planned in July and if anyone knows anything about Palm Springs in the Summer, the ONLY thing we're going to be doing is swimming in the pool. (It will be well into the 100's)

We've been preparing Maddie for the water by buying her a bathing suit, an adorable hat to match, swim diapers, a floating device, and baby sunscreen (all thanks to Grandma Doris who sent us a gift card- we also got her a small pool for at home but it hasn't been warm enough yet to warrant blowing it up).

I started slowly by putting her feet in, then progressed up to her waist. She LOVED it! She had a great time kicking her feet and Crista's daughter, Hannah, kept her giggling. She really enjoyed watching the kids and thought it was pretty cool splashing around. I was glad because she doesn't like her face to get wet in the bath.

I was feeling a little guilty about taking her on a week day for her very first time in the water because Matt was hard at work and wasn't able to join us. He didn't say anything but I would have been jealous and sad had it been the other way around and I was missing out.

We were sitting out of the pool and Maddie was taking a little nap when heard a familiar "hello!". Yay, Matt stopped by to see his cheeky monkey in action! He knew of our plans for the day and his schedule had changed a little so he was able to see her in the pool.

I'm telling you, when Maddie sees her Daddy, her entire face lights up! She had so much fun watching her dad from the side as she showed him her new floaty thing.

It's hard to believe it's almost the end of June but hopefully "June Gloom" is almost over and the weather will start to get nice.

We really had alot of fun and I can't wait to take her again!

No comments: