Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Mother's Day







What a great day we had! Matt made french toast to start our day off right. (yummy) 

I got a really sweet card and a book by Dr. Laura she recently published congratulating stay at home moms. I was hoping that's what Matt got me (so good job daddy!). Listening to her talk show really showed the two of us how important it was to figure out a way to make one of us staying home a reality.

We planned on a day at the Ventura Pier. The weather was pretty overcast but not too chilly. We got to the beach and set up our spot with a large towel and our new umbrella, purchased to keep the little one out of the sun. It was too cold to head into the water but fun for us to look at anyhow. Matt and I have always talked about walking out on the pier so this was a nice "family day" to accomplish that goal. 

After a few hours at the beach, we headed home for a grilled steak dinner and a beer toast to me being such a great mom! woohoo! (After the baby was tucked into bed of course)

I'm feeling so much more confident in my parenting skills these days. Matt is such a wonderful support and I appreciate everything he does so that I can stay home with our little Maddie-pants. 

No comments: