Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen... we got 5 hours and 15 minutes...

...of sleep that is! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the alarm clock. She actually slept over 5 hours straight which is a new record in the Dimino household. Never thought I'd get excited about a few hours of sleep but here we are. I know tonight is a new night and anything could happen but how could I not get excited about the prospect of our little one actually sleeping for more than 2 hours. She did take good naps yesterday so I'm sure that helped.. today the naps haven't been so great. If I put her down, the little eyeballs open wide and they're hard to close again. Wish us luck!!!

It felt like Christmas here this morning not just because of the sleep but we received a rather large package from our friendly Fed-Ex man.. woohoo.. we LOVE packages! We were super surprised to see it was from my long time friends, The Watkins. My family moved across the street from them when I was in the fourth grade and their daughters Tina and Bonnie and I have been friends ever since our first time sledding together. The girls have since grown and gotten married and have their own kids. We love visiting with them when we go back. Tina's husband Jim and Matt get along great. Anyhow... they sent us a ton of gifts. The cutest outfits for Maddie, a gorgeous photo tree for Maddie's room, a decorative silver shoe, and a little red riding hood doll. They also sent in the package a gift for our wedding (what's the rule, you have 5 years to send a gift? lol) It's a great engraved photo frame. It reminds me of one of our favorite wedding gifts that came from Tina and Jim, an engraved candle that has our wedding date on it. I love personal gifts like that. We have proper thank you cards in the mail, but I wanted to send a note online because I know you check out our blog. Thank you all so much for thinking of us! We loved everything and I can't wait for Maddie to model all her new clothes.. seriously this girl's closet is loaded.




Hope everyone has a great weekend! It's suppose to be HOT here tomorrow.. yay!

No comments: