Thursday, June 5, 2008

Baby Bean Dimino is a.......



GIRL BEAN!!!!

We didn't get any great printed photos of the "money shot" but the doctor confirmed she's for sure a little lady. We saw three lines on the screen and that's how I knew. All of her measurements (brain, thigh bone, etc) are on track and she's estimated to weigh 11 ounces. 

Mom has only gained 5 lbs so far.. amazing considering the amount of carbs and ice cream I've allowed myself,  for the sake of the baby of course! 

It's funny. Many of our close friends and family thought for sure we were having a boy and in the past few weeks I talked myself into believing it was probably true. Partially because I didn't want to seem disappointed when we found out and partially because I had always wanted a girl and it took awhile to get used to the idea that this quite possibly could be a boy bean we were dealing with here. I was all set to hear that we were having a boy and was actually a bit disappointed to hear otherwise! Funny how that works! BUT that lasted for a whole mili-second and I'm soooo glad we're having a baby girl. Angela Jr.. what a great name!
Angelo Guido will have to wait for baby #2.

We've vowed 'no pink room' but will probably do something in a light blue/brown with white accents. We'll be sure to post nursery photos when we get to that point. So far we started to empty out the nest to make room for baby. We've sold lots of items in the past two weeks (including Matt's bachelor dressers) and goodwill will be receiving a whole closet full of clothes/linens to make room for baby. Let the shopping begin!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

OMG
Wahoo a Baby GIRL!!!!
I am so jealous!!!!
But I am more happy for you both!!
:-)
Can't wait to meet her :-)

Love,
Heidi