Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Gym Ventura

Months and Months ago I purchase a discount gift certificate to My Gym in Ventura. We went there for our free preview class and there were a few things that bothered me so we didn't sign up that day. We tried out the T.O. location up the hill but they wouldn't accept my voucher (I didn't realize it was for Ventura only) and so decided to give Ventura another chance. We attended a special Luau event they had on a Saturday. After that, we signed up for one month unlimited. Best decision ever! Maddie enjoyed herself every time we went and called it "my gymnastics". We attending the Monday morning class for an hour, then 45 minutes or so of free play right after that. We also went to the Friday morning class a few times. Sadly, Monday was our last class but it was a really fun way to spend our mornings together. I'd say My Gym is a step up from Gymboree for the 2-4 year old age group. They also have summer art programs for the bigger kids.

Luau Party July 16th

The "kids" had to remove their shoes
















Something LIVES in the ball pit!


















Last Day of Class- Monday August 8th

The trampoline was a favorite





















Swinging was a real lesson in taking turns and letting other people get a turn also. Hard to do when it's one of your favorite things in the world.


















One her favorite teachers: Miss Kristen


















And Mr Rudy















My Gym was a fun place to burn energy. At 2.5 Maddie was able to easily follow directions and focus on the task at hand (on most days). At this age, they talk to the kids about following the rules and having consequences. They also have a bit more structure "now it's time for _____ and you can choose to do _______ or ___________". It was fun to see her thrive and the teachers just adored her!



No comments: