Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day Celebration Continues

Yesterday my MOMS Club held their annual Mother's Tea/Fundraiser... yours truly was the auctioneer for the live auction! I had a blast and so did all the other ladies.... and we raised $1,300!!! Not bad for a bunch of stay at home moms! We had approx 13 items for the auction and like 30 raffles... I bid on and won two months at Gymboree (on top of the one month that we won in April at the 5k run so we now have classes throughout the summer). I also won a $40 bottle of wine, a mini-facial, a month at a local gym, and the title of "funniest auctioneer ever"!

We also discovered who our mystery moms were at the Tea... and I can't believe this but I received another gift!! My mystery mom really outdid herself... thank you so much Heidi!!

Here's what came one evening the week before Mother's Day.



This biscotti was soooo good and I'm really sad to say, I ate most of them by myself.. ugh! She also included thee cutest apron for Maddie! I can't wait for Miss Maddie to help me in the kitchen. What great memories we'll create, and daddy will be happy with all the chocolate chip cookies.

This is what she gave me at the tea...



seriously Heidi.. $20 was our gift limit. :) I told her I felt like I had a new boyfriend that was courting me.. flowers, chocolate, Oprah, and now coffee and a journal! She rocks and apparently she knows me really well.

Maddie teaching her baby how to drive



So cute until she decided to eat her face! :)



A gift for Ms. Bonnie.
Maddie and I have enjoyed our Horizon Hills Parenting class so much. We joined back in December and have really made some great friends and I learned allot about personalities, playing, and growing (both of us!). We wanted to show her teacher how much we appreciated her and I found a really cute idea online. I was so proud of my work and showed Matt.. he didn't think it much looked like a "B"... 10 minutes later, I realized her was indeed correct and I did it over... MUCH Better! Thanks Lovie!

BEFORE (along with a homemade card)



AFTER (much better!) It's allot harder to make a letter out of crayons than I thought.

No comments: